Wizard Creek Consulting
Wizard Creek Case Study: Manufacturing
Names of business units affected:
- Manufacturing and Operations
Description of the problem situation:
- The company had multiple plants but did not have uniform reporting. The
plants did not use the same Stock Keeping Unit code uniformly causing errors
on customer orders, imprecise reporting, and erroneous billing.
Description of the steps used to resolve the problem:
- Designed a single Stock Keeping Unit database for all of the plants.
- Established communications between all the plants and the central data
- Resolved all discrepancies between plant data and the central data base.
- Wrote distributed systems for the plants so that they used the central
- Implemented the data base and the systems.
Description of the outcome:
- Each plant used the central data base so all used the same Stock Keeping
- Communications from the plants to the central data base was established.
- All incompatible and inconsistent SKU were resolved.
Description of the benefits realized by the client:
- Customer orders were filled with fewer errors.
- Management initiated additional projects to use the database to make
operations more efficient.