Les Bain - Resume
- More than 30 years of IT experience, including 20 years of management experience.
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation and training skills.
- Managed projects and project offices.
- Developed and implemented IT systems and applications on a wide range of platforms.
Wizard Creek Consulting : 2000-present
- Spearheaded the US start-up of an e-Commerce consulting business.
- Set up Technical infrastructures for service organizations.
- Consulted on Personal Information Management
- Designed, built, promoted and maintained web sites.
- Provided technical and call center training.
- Consulted on Internet and New Media technologies.
EDS, Plano, Texas
Account Operations Executive for Major Communications Client : 1999
Managed a team of 400 EDS employees that provided benefits administration to the 200,000 employees of
the client, including applications, data center, and call desk.
- Assumed control over an account in trouble, turned around
a dispirited employee team, and increased the employee morale based on EDS
Employee Satisfaction Index.
- Establish a Project Management Office with 12 project
managers, project planners, and project consultants to get control of all
the different projects.
Account Operations Executive for Food Retail Client : 1997-1999
Managed a team of 150
EDS employees which provided full outsourced Information Technology services to
the client, including data center, applications, wireless WAN, and help desk.
- Took over an account that had lost 40% of its personnel
the previous year, rebuilt the team, reduced turnover to 15%, and
dramatically increased employee morale based on EDS Employee Satisfaction
- Met or exceeded revenue and profit targets.
- Renegotiated the contract to expand business and revenue
- Provided excellent customer service and received a 6 out
of a possible 7 on the EDS Customer Service Index for this client.
- Created the vision and plan for this account and then
taught the planning techniques used at the EDS Leadership Training Program.
- Communicated with the client by conducting regular
briefings for the executives, and by creating end-of-year summary documents
detailing all accomplishments for the year.
- Created CRM system for the client with shopping cards,
tailored marketing, and data warehouse analysis to increase customer
Account Manager for Food Manufacturing Client : 1994-1996
Managed a team of 100
EDS employees that provided outsourced Information Technology services to the
client, including data center, network, desktop, help desk, and applications.
- Helped grow revenue from $10M to $45M in 18 months for a
new division by leading this flagship account, creating a referenceable
client, providing pre-sales and post-sales support, and by training and
providing leaders for new accounts.
- Met or exceeded revenue and profit targets on the
- Established the most referenced client out of 8000 EDS
- Created Continuous Replenishment Process, which allowed
the client's customers to reduce inventory by 50% and reduce stock outs from
3% to less than 1%.
- Dramatically decreased response time by implementing a
Frame Relay Network.
- Enabled the client to close remote sales offices and
improve productivity by implementing a Sales Office Automation System.
- Created Internet Promotion Planning and Tracking system,
which allowed the client to reduce Promotion spending by more effectively
using every promotion dollar.
- Developed the account personnel and provided
opportunities for advancement on other accounts for the account leaders.
Manager, Database and Technology for Food Client : 1992-1994
- Created comprehensive technology strategy that matched
the business plan, and implemented Frame Relay network, Mainframe and Unix
databases, CASE, and desktop tools.
- Provided 24/7 database support, data warehouse, and
Enterprise Application Integration.
Del Monte Foods, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Database and Technology : 1986-1992
Managed the Database
Team, with responsibility for Database, Data Warehouse, CASE Administration, and
General Technology Direction.
- Wrote and implemented software and processes to
streamline the Supra Database administration.
- Implemented the Del Monte Data Warehouse, which enabled
the business people to write queries against the Del Monte data, allowing
quicker access to data and freeing up IT resources.
- Installed DB2 and implemented the first production
Les Bain Consulting, Inc., Philadelphia, PA
Consultant and CEO : 1977-1986
Started and ran a
successful consulting business. Consulted with mostly Fortune 500 companies in
project management, structured methodologies, applications systems development,
and database administration.
- Marketed and sold new engagements and grew the business
- Created a steady steam of repeat business by providing
excellent customer service.
- Resolved a major customer issue for a database software
company by resolving problems, writing utilities, and providing service to
- Prepared and presented training program for a
manufacturing company on project methodology and structured techniques in
order to make their new employees more productive.
Education and Training
- B.A., Texas Lutheran College, Sequin, Texas, summa cum laude
- Graduate Studies, Southwest Texas State University
- Leadership Training Program, EDS
- Technical Courses in the areas of Network, Database, Internet
technologies, and Desktop