Search Engine Optimization
SEO - What it is and how it work
Potential website visitors use search engines to find websites. SEO
works to make sure the potential visitor finds your website.
- Website Planning identified keywords
- Website Design used the keywords to indentify pages
- Website Construction built good pages.
Get lots of Quality Links
Optimize the entire Website
- Domain Name - Choose a domain name that includes keyword that describes the business.
- Navigation Structure - Set up a text based navigation structure.
- Site Map Strategies - Create a text based site map.
- Create Robots.txt File - Control how the search engines crawl your website.
Optimize each Website Page
- Title - Use keywords in Page Title.
- File Names - Use keywords as file names.
- Heading Tags - H1 is a heading tag. There are six heading tags (H1-H6). H1 is the most important.
Use the keyword in the H1 tag.
- Keyword Density - Use the keyword in the text. Keyword density is now many times the
keyword in used in the text as a percentage of total words of text.
- Alt Tags - Use keywords in Alt Tags.
- Meta Tags
- Keyword Meta Tag - Put keywords in this meta tag. Ignore the controversy about whether
and how much it is used.
- Description Meta Tag - Describe the page using keywords. Ignore the controversy about
whether this meta tag is used.
Search Engine Optimization - Reference Information
Search Engine Optimization - General
Search Engine Optimization - Forums
Search Engine Optimization - Articles
Search Engine Optimization - Self Promotion
Search Engine Optimization - Classes
Search Engine Optimization - Tools
Search Engine Optimization - Robots.txt